**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

Gee tc
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Re: RE: Re: It’s that time of year!

Post by Gee tc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:33 pm

mickthefitter wrote:
Gee tc wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:58 pm Got mine sorted yesterday with Lancaster. £151.00 for both. Legal protection 30 quid extra.
Marina valued at 5k and Ezzy at 2k. Comp.
I also asked about their historic MOT policy.
As long as the car doesn't legally need an MOT.. then
they're not bothered. It's up to me whether I get an MOT or not. T
I am convinced, so far, that if you don't fill in the form for MoT exemption, your car still needs to be submitted for an annual MoT. Which depending on whether you consider MoT exemption a good thing or a bad thing, i.e. shall I continue to get my car examined? Begs the question - do I exempt it or not? Because for all the talk about proposed 'classic MoTs' or 'classic only inspections' (in the press) nobody really seems to have a plan. I think I'll have a chat with my local classic-sympathetic MoT guy before I make a decision with my own Marina.
You'll need to register as historic you get free tax! Then you're mot free at see time regardless.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

david painter

Re: It’s that time of year!

Post by david painter » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:34 pm

From my understanding with the DVSA paperwork, I am sent as an MOT Station. The owner will need to declare annually the car is roadworthy and not significantly modified.
Dave

MarinaCoupe

Post by MarinaCoupe » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:21 pm

There I’ll be a ‘tick box’ on the online or paper tax renewal form, by which ticking says that the car a Vehicle of Historic Interest (VHI) if you tick the box, no MOT is necessary. There are no separate MOT exemption forms. If you don’t tick the box the computer will search for a current MOT, if it’s not MOT’d then the tax application will be rejected.

mickthefitter

Post by mickthefitter » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:21 pm

Classic Car Buyer, 21st March, issue 425, "Owners of cars aged 40 or older will need to fill in a V172 form at their local post office after VHI exemptions come in. Your classic will no longer need an MoT after the V172 form has been signed, provided it is as it left the factory or any modifications are safety-enhancing, such as a brake upgrade from drums to discs".

Gee tc - I got my Marina tax exempted last year when it first became eligible, but if the above is correct, my car will not become MoT exempt if I do not fill in form V172.

Also browsing the classic weeklies either last week's, or maybe the current issue of Classic Car Weekly (not purchased) I'm sure carried an article about pre-1960 previously MoT exempt vehicles ALSO having to have a V172 form filled in to retain MoT exemption under the new rules.