Just messing with the marina again.....

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

v6pop

Just messing with the marina again.....

Post by v6pop » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:56 pm

Thought I would have another look at the old girl today,fitted a recon rack last week and she still doesnt feel nice in the steering department,dosent return to centre properly when you let go of the steering wheel after youve turned a corner.
So after checking top and bottom joints,which are ok,it was out with the camber/caster gauge again to see if I could find a fault in the suspension set up.The caster on the nearside was 1 degree different to the offside so I thought I would adjust this.Ive ended up spacing the shock unit off the inner wing to acheive a better figure. Now,Ive got a factory manual for the Mk1 and it states 5 degrees caster for early models,2 degrees for later and at the moment Ive got 2.5 degrees.So Im not sure what the factory setup on mine should be as to get 5 degrres would take a lot more spacing.
I would of liked to have road tested what I have done but the weather changed for the worst and time was running out so I will test drive tomorrow now......the quest for a better handling marina continues :roll: !!