USDM Marinas?

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy, norway_triumph, Number 63

Lumina_APV

USDM Marinas?

Post by Lumina_APV » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:00 pm

Hi there Marina fans!

I just joined, partially to have a good time chatting to people about cars at least I think are cool, but also to ask one specific question I will ask now. That question is if you have any information on United States Domestic Market Marinas. I should explain that I love very rare cars (and pretty much everything nobody else likes, Chevy Lumina APV or a Yugo for an example) and I’ve for a long time adored Marinas. I have just learned how to drive too, and I already have a daily, so a Marina would fit perfectly into my life. The one problem I have however is the fact that I live in America, and importing one from England would be expensive, and impossible to insure at my age (as most imports are). Plus, it would be a little troublesome as a new driver looking to drive a car with the wheel on the other side. What I need is a Marina that was sold for the United States market, and I know they exist. Below I have some ads from the 1970’s I’m guessing with Marinas sold as Austins imported here through New Jersey with prices in dollars, not pounds. I'll do some investigation on this myself but some help would certainly... well... help! I have a strange feeling they all went to the Pacific Northwest, since that’s where I think all old rare cars go here, but ones on the east coast are what I'm looking for. I live in the Northeast, but I wouldn’t mind going down to Florida or Georgia to find rust free ones. Thanks!
6816160F-B7CB-4D34-8D00-FD4A85DF37ED.jpeg
8545E9BE-14AA-46F3-B224-83AEFBDE620F.jpeg
8545E9BE-14AA-46F3-B224-83AEFBDE620F.jpeg (21.24 KiB) Viewed 128 times
???

locost_bryan

Re: USDM Marinas?

Post by locost_bryan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:34 pm

Sold in the US as the Austin Marina from 73-75, and in Canada from 72-78.

Excellent article on AROnline here.

Hemmings article here.
Bryan
Auckland NZ

1972 Morris Marina 1750 TC Coupe "Ozzy"
2008 Honda Jazz 1.3 CVT

Nothing gets the ladies hotter than software development analogies. Leonard Hofstadter - The Big Bang Theory.

Lumina_APV

Post by Lumina_APV » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:41 pm

Thank you so much! Maybe a canadian market one could be an option too... I’m loving this site already!
???

MarinaCoupe
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Post by MarinaCoupe » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:12 pm

There are several US & Canadian Marina owners on here, no doubt they will pop up shortly.

In my opinion the main man for Marinas in the US is Skip Harris in Benton, AR. He own a British car parts company as well as owning a couple himself.

He is on here as ‘coupedriver’ so you could PM him.

Here is his website http://www.marinaman.org/

His email is marinaman@marinaman.org

marina12

Post by marina12 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:22 pm

You may have already found this but worth a post:
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/article/1 ... in-marina/