no respect!

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy, norway_triumph, Number 63

MARINAMADBAZ

no respect!

Post by MARINAMADBAZ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:00 pm

was at a big car show last Sunday with my GT coupe
lots of interst and lots of good conversations with people
a row in front of me was a mk5 cortina owner with sat with some other classic car owners
this guy happened to turn round and say
"one that top gear hasnt got hold of yet'
I kept my cool and and said
sorry I don't watch it anymore
wot got my goat is people are displaying classic cars from all years and thus guy should have kept his oppion to himself!
I bet he wouldn't have been so cocky if TG were destroying cortinas
baz

ScreamingLordStokes

Re: no respect!

Post by ScreamingLordStokes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:44 pm

Well done for not getting involved Barry, Would've been easy to get wound up and end up losing it eh?

Xephe

Post by Xephe » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:42 pm

It’s always disappointing when that sort of thing occurs. I have been involved in a number of different car ‘scenes’ over the years and I have had many great experiences and met many great folks. No matter what car it is or what ‘scene’ it is you do always seem to get the occasional partisan commentary or opinions that’s leave you wondering why it was worth their time even saying, which is annoying. You did the right thing in not getting drawn into it. I have always taken the approach that the best way to represent the vehicles we are enthusiastic about is do our best to let the car do the talking and engage with those that are keen to have a positive discussion, want to find out more or are at least willing to have their assumptions tested.

Thankfully most folks value our common enthusiasm for all these vehicles generally above what is/was ‘good’ or ‘bad’ back in the day.

Kilroy

Post by Kilroy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:04 am

Was a great opportunity to say "actually, I hear they have changed to Cortinas..."