Door Rubbers

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

Morris McKinnon

Door Rubbers

Post by Morris McKinnon » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:04 pm

Is there a fix for the door rubbers on the Marina? I bought a reproduction rubber on ebay and the fit isn't all that. The rubber looks like it seals but the trim part that clips around the frame is very thick and loose and the rubber has a small twist where it curves on the frame, not hugely impressed for £32! I recently took a chance on two new old stock door rubbers, not knowing whether they were front or back, turns out they were for the back and they're perfect. On the old worn out originals I can peel the rubber seal away from the trim so was wondering, can I buy rubber strips separately and glue them to the original trim? The rubber doesn't separate from the repros as they're all one mold so I can't use those.

lock1506

Re: Door Rubbers

Post by lock1506 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:40 am

Have a look at Woollies or East Kent Trim Gareth, the both do rubber off the roll so might have a profile to match.

Morris McKinnon

Post by Morris McKinnon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:49 pm

Just checked East Kent and are out of stock, Woollies looks (from the pictures) the same as what I bought on eBay but it's on a roll and £3 a metre so might give it a try. Cheers :thumbup:

locost_bryan

Post by locost_bryan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:52 pm

Retro Car Seals have them listed.

So do MEV Spares.
Bryan
Auckland NZ

1972 Morris Marina 1750 TC Coupe "Ozzy"