NEC Show - November

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

MarinaCoupe

NEC Show - November

Post by MarinaCoupe » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:58 pm

After much deliberation, the Morris Marina Owners Club Committee are sad to announce that the Club has withdrawn it's application for a stand at the NEC Classic Motor Show this November.
The show is still going ahead and the organisers are doing everything in their power to make the show as safe as possible, but a necessary result of this is a significant increase in workload and responsibility for the team running the stand and unfortunately in our case we don't feel that we are reasonably able to meet their expectations. In short given the current global situation we don't think it's fair to expect our members to support the running of the stand nor to bring cars to display.
The club would like to thank everyone who has volunteered their time and/ or their cars for the 2020 show, and we're very much hoping to be back "business as usual" at the NEC in November 2021!
This announcement does not affect the BMC & BL Day at Gaydon in September which we are still attending as planned.

david painter

Re: NEC Show - November

Post by david painter » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:39 pm

Its a very sad decision, i very much agree with. I myself would not feel safe to attend the event or any venue during the current climate. A big thank you to the team for organising such things. With hope things will be back to normal next year, whatever normal is going to be.
Dave

Gee tc
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Post by Gee tc » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:36 pm

The NW AREA MEET for Sunday 27th September has also been cancelled

timspencer

Post by timspencer » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:27 pm

A shame but a wise move, next year is 50th anniversary so should be a blast!

SLOW ITAL

Post by SLOW ITAL » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:18 am

Thanks for an early & sensible commitee decision, in full agreement & takes a lot of presure off.
I'm sure we'll be back in 2021 with a bang...
Gil..