Carb and fuel sender recommendations

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

LarryK

Carb and fuel sender recommendations

Post by LarryK » Mon May 02, 2022 2:38 pm

Hello all,

Getting closer to sorting out the starting/running issues with my 1974 (Austin) Marina 1.8. I need a new carb and fuel sending unit, it seems. What would you recommend and where might I find them (bearing in mind I'm in Canada but I don't mind paying for international shipping if necessary).

Thanks!

MarinaCoupe

Re: Carb and fuel sender recommendations

Post by MarinaCoupe » Mon May 02, 2022 3:06 pm

Hi Larry

If by fuel sender, you mean the fuel level sender that’s mounted in the fuel tank, the owners club in the UK has a small stock of NOS units - contact David Balme on regalia@morrismarina.org.uk. Alternatively you might find that Skip Harris in theUS may have some.

As to the carb you should be able buy a specific rebuild kit from Burlen Fuels (they own the world wide rights to the SU brand). Your carb will be listed here. There should be a little triangular tag attached to one of the screws on the carburettor dash pot (dome), it should correspond with one of the numbers shown in the list at this address - http://sucarb.co.uk/cf/vehicle/list/?ma ... cle=Marina - click on the ‘View’ button for the details. As I said they can sell you a complete rebuild kit, they may also be able to sell you a rebuilt carb or rebuild yours for you.

LarryK

Re: Carb and fuel sender recommendations

Post by LarryK » Mon May 02, 2022 3:51 pm

I don't know why I didn't think of Skip straight away! Turns out he has those parts, of course. Thanks!