1300 A Series Engine

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

Mandator

Re: 1300 A Series Engine

Post by Mandator » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 pm

Last weekend got the Head back from Coltech at Hollesley. Sometime in the past the engine has been cooked so they have skimmed the face, recut the seats and ordered in new Exhaust valves. Discussed with them the need to fit hardened inserts and, unless I am intending pushing engine hard or driving high mileages, they opined it would be unnecessary.

Head is back with the garage and will be re-fitted this week. Pistons? Garage has pointed out that best to leave "as is" because to upset the existing arrangement will incur more problems and cost. Again only worth doing if high mileages or hard driving envisaged.

SO........ Hopefully Kermit will be back in time for the Ipswich to Felixstowe run. Is not entered because I am marshalling but hope to have the car parked close to the action.
If you are in the area, wholly recommend getting down to the Front at Felixstowe, from 12:30 on, because there is always a very good selection of classic vehicles across all classes. Biggest bonus is it is "FREE"! (apart from trying to find parking)
What better way than to spend the afternoon eating chips, an ice cream and soaking in the atmosphere whilst discussing old vehicles with owners

Ps. Anyone got a 1980 1300 thermostat cover (the one with the plug on top? Mines on the way out - and I don't want Kermit overheating again!.