starter motor

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

Painter

starter motor

Post by Painter » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:21 pm

hi can anyone help me i cannot get a new starter motor for my tc coupe rto809n just wondering if any one can point me in the right direction as i cannot get one from any of the factors in south wales many thanks

JubileeNut
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Re: starter motor

Post by JubileeNut » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:26 pm

Hi, I had mine reconditioned at Sovereign Rotating Electrics Ltd in Bognor Regis, but that was back in 2009 and I had a contact there. the starter was I think the original and now still going strong. I would try and find a place that reworks them near to you if you can.
" Pru, Its Kicking off "
1973 Morris Marina TC Jubilee
2013 BMW 328i M Sport F31

Mandator

Re: starter motor

Post by Mandator » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:22 pm

As suggested a google search, or yellow pages, should find you a few local Auto Electrical Companies that refurbish Starter Motors, Alternator, Dynamos etc.
Alternatively ask a few of your local Auto Factor Shops!
I found both my Alternator and Starter Motor were rather tired a couple of years back, and had them refurbished at my Local Auto Factors. They didn't do them themselves but had "a man that could".
They also pointed me in the direction of a mechanic that can diagnose problems with my engine as he is able to pressure test the engine. Then, if necessary, rebuild said engine!
Haven't the time or, inclination, to do it myself these days!