stand idea for next year

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

billytits

stand idea for next year

Post by billytits » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:21 pm

has anybody thought about the bromley pagent in 2008 it is one of the bigest open air shows which caters for all types of cars and their somewhat strange owners im not sure if the club ever has a stand and i think we should :idea: am i the only person from kent with a marina or two i think not this area seems a bit quiet to me any feedback would be good. cheers Trev
done some work on my marina again yahoo

www.morrismarina.org.uk

billytits

Post by billytits » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:28 pm

its on sunday the 15th july cars and tickets can be booked on line

www.morrismarina.org.uk

Clan Chieftain

Post by Clan Chieftain » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:36 pm

:lol: a good theme for your stand would be the dismantling of a morris minor :lol: :lol:
MORRISMARINAECOSSE
SCOTLAND'S NO1

THE CLAN CHIEFTAIN.

madmart

Post by madmart » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:39 am

i live just down the road from there and go every year, never put my car on display though. i never thought they were good enough. by then i should have a very shiny fast one i hope :)

ClaytonSpeed
FMM Site Admin
FMM Site Admin
Location: 4 Counties: North Warwickshire / South Derbyshire / Staffordshire / Leicestershire

Post by ClaytonSpeed » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:31 am

I'd be up for it Trev so long as SLK is back and fighting! There was a show report from this years show on the MMOC site:

Bromley Report
Morris Marina Owners Club: Magazine Editor
'73 MG Marina Turbo Saloon - Back on the road with T16 turbo power
'72 TC Coupe' 'SLK' - 1950cc - Asleep - possible retirement project E.T.A 2049

billytits

Post by billytits » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:45 pm

dont hear much from our area rep but i have moved recently and we dont realy need a skip just turn it upside down and cut the floor out and get people to chuck their empty burger boxes in it :lol: sorry its the best use i could think of at short notice just one point we should never be ashamed of our cars iv been to plenty of shows and seen much worse than a rusty marina thats in the process of recieving some much needed attention lets face it if its still on the road it cant be that bad i will see if i can find my area rep or maybe the jobs up for grabs 8) we will have to wait and see will keep all informed of any developments cheers

www.morrismarina.org.uk

JIM73
Have you seen my spoon?

Post by JIM73 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:03 am

Go for it Trev , we dont hear much from your neck of the woods, and like you say we shouldnt be ashamed of what state our cars are in we just need to get them out on the road and seen by the public !! Its taken me long enough to get mine sorted out !! :wink:
http://www.morrismarina.org.uk
The original and still the best since 1985.

marinast

Post by marinast » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:26 pm

Bromley is my local show too, though I've only ever shown my Allegro there....
How about sectioning a Minor and an MGB to point out the few parts countless Marinas and Itals have been sacrificed for over the years. You could have big cardboard arrows pointing to areas such as the engine in the MGB and front brakes on the Minor and ask passers by to write their thoughts on the subject on post it notes and stick them to the various arrows.
Another idea would be a Champagne tent with a fantastic BBQ spread for Marina owners only. 8) A bit like, the Jaguar stand.... Only better of course.

billytits

Post by billytits » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:13 pm

folks would just like to point out to all that may be reading this that i have a sence of humor unlike some :wink: but i have many fond memorys of my dads morris traveler and as many people have pointed out we are all trying to achieve the best for our cars so if any comments made by myself have upset people i will appologise but if people cant take a joke and actually think i would waste my very prescious time on destroying cars for the sake of it :!: then they need to look at themselves and maybe check their stress levels this is supposed to be fun not war if i saw a minor broken down on the side of the road i wuld allways offer assistance after chuckling somewhat :lol:

www.morrismarina.org.uk