What wins at shows

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

Muskydo

What wins at shows

Post by Muskydo » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:04 am

Having just aquired my second Ital pickup I intend to show both vehicles next year after applying some TLC. My green truck will never be top quality as its been welded in the useual places and these repairs will always show,however my blue truck as the potential to be "Mint" with very little work, Question if I heavily modify my green truck is there a class to enter and if I change the interior on my blue truck to car spec will it detract from original and therefor effect any judging. :?
Steve :)

MarinaCoupe

Post by MarinaCoupe » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:56 am

The MMOC have classes for Best Commercial and Runner Up and also Best Modified and Runner Up.

Generally Modified rates as engine changes (say 1.8 not a newer 1.3) fancy wheels, paint jobs, interior changes (rally seats etc). These apply to saloons, coupes, vans, estates and pickups and they are all judged together rather than by body style.

Best Commercial/Runner Up winners in the past, have included vans/pickups with different interiors. However most judges would award points for originality, so the more original the better is always more likely to score well. If say a van was actually still being used commercial could score points. Commercials still in working liveries (Post Office, Gas Board etc.) have won well in the past against 'personalised' vans and pickups if that helps.

Whether an all original but not perfectly presented car would beat a pristine car with a personalised interior would be down to individual judges opinion on the day - there will always be some degree of subjectivity.

Muskydo

Post by Muskydo » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:23 pm

Thanks Chris
I've got a pretty good idea how I'll go about it now,and I'll certainly be keeping any original bits that I do replace just to be sure.

Muskydo

Post by Muskydo » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:54 pm

I imagine plenty of history and photos wouldn't go amiss either?

MarinaCoupe

Post by MarinaCoupe » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:58 pm

Exactly - particularly old pics of the van/pickup when 'working'. It would give the judge something to compare the current state/condition to.

Chris